The Prospects of the GOP Taking the Senate Just Got Better
As we previously reported, there are indications that the Senate may be moving in the direction of the Republicans in some of the critical races, particularly after Biden’s student debt bailout proclamation.
In Georgia, Herschel Walker has taken the lead in some polls. Republican Blake Masters, who started far behind Sen. Mark Kelly (D-AZ) in Arizona, is gaining ground and is now only three points behind. Dr. Mehmet Oz is also gaining on John Fetterman as well, as Fetterman’s issues become more apparent.
Now, there’s more positive news of a race moving in the direction of the Republicans. That’s Tedd Budd’s race in North Carolina. Budd is running for the Senate seat that had been held by Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC), so that’s essential to hold onto that seat. Decision Desk has moved it from a “Toss Up” to “likely Republican.”
Budd has held the lead throughout, but he just started extending that lead, which is why they moved it to “likely” — with Budd having a 65.8 percent chance of winning over Cheri Beasley at 34.2 percent. That was after a Trafalgar Group poll had Budd up by three.
Decision Desk still has the overall race for the Senate in a tight battle that is likely to be decided by the eight races in Georgia, Arizona, Pennsylvania, Nevada, North Carolina, New Hampshire, Wisconsin, and Ohio. While Decision Desk is saying all the races are tight and they’re still giving the edge of winning to the Democrats, the momentum appears to be with the Republicans and that edge is dwindling.
It’s 61 days out. I think as we get closer, we’re likely going to see it get even better as people start to evaluate more seriously and start adding up things like the student debt bailout, inflation, and the Democrats’ extremism on crime and inciting against their political opponents. I think that’s part of the reason we’re seeing that momentum.
Continue Reading at Red State.